Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Attack of the Killer Bees

So they aren't exactly killer bees but they sure were vicious. Last week I had planned to paint the garage. After vacuuming the cob webs off the wood I set in. Less than 5 minutes in to the project I felt and heard what I thought were flies around my head. I started swatting them away then I noticed a bee in my paint. Almost simultaneously I felt a sting on the top of my head. I climbed off the ladder and literally started screaming while waving my hands in the air. Brianne was close by so I told her to run away too. I scared her so bad she now thinks every flying insect is a bee and wants to run. It turned out we had a big hornets nest which was located behind the wood above our garage door. I think the vacuum upset them and they were swarming to protect their home. I called Dave to tell him about the drama. I was ready to fork over $50-80 to have someone come get rid of it. He said I should wait until the boys got home and send them out with towels. (They like to snap bugs with hand towels.) I was pretty sure he was joking... My amazing husband somehow got rid of it a couple days later while I was at work. I was able to get the garage painted and I am no longer afraid to wash the car in our driveway.

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I wish I could have been there to see the attack.

Regi said...

Wow Michelle that is crazy!