Friday, November 21, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

We found the best pumpkins this year at a local farm. I was feeling generous that day so I let Collin pick out the biggest pumpkin we have every purchased. He thought he was cool and the other kids didn't mind at all. They loved their choices as well. Carving the pumpkins turned in to a bigger chore than I had imagined. The bigger the pumpkin the thicker the skin and the more guts to clean out . Collin has always had issues touching the slime inside. He did a good chunk of the work but he also recruited Torin to help. I was exhausted by the time we were finished but it was a fun evening.

Brianne obviously has no issues touching the slime.
Torin concentrating on the job.

The face says it all.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Great pictures. Love those cute kids!

Amy Spalding said...

That is funny because Devin is the same way!! He can hardly stand anything slimy!Cute pictures! BTW, when is your baby due?

Shell Bell said...

Amy,
I had the baby on Wednesday. He was 3 weeks early. We are fighting jaundice but other than that he is a healthy baby boy. I will be posting pictures soon.