Monday, November 24, 2008

November 21st, 2008

Time to go home. Dave promised me a name but we were still having trouble picking it. I tried taking votes but that didn't work. The nurse came in asking for the birth certificate information. She was well aware of the debating going on over the name. Dave told her to go ahead and take it like it was. I couldn't believe he was going to leave the hospital without a name. The nurse looked at the sheet and I could tell it had a name written on it. I asked her what it was and she said Marten Aaron Anderson. Dave said that way we keep everyone happy. (Collin really wanted Aaron which I liked better than Marten but all of the other kids have a maiden name from our families for their middle names. This just didn't seem right.) The nurse walked over to me and said I lied and showed me the paper. Riley White Anderson. I was so relieved. Riley was my favorite of the names we had discussed and White is Dave's grandma's maiden name. Why do people like to tease at my expense so much? I thought it was very clever of the nurse to get in on the action. Now we could go home.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I really like the name you have chosen for my newest little grandbaby. I hope Riley doesn't feel bad because his name doesn't end in "n".