Monday, November 24, 2008

November 19th, 2008

Once midnight hit things started happening. All went well and at 1:45 we had our handsome baby boy. He was 7 pounds 2 ounces and 18 ½ inches long.

My mom walked in to the room 8 minutes after he was born. She was able to hold him before they took him to the nursery to check him out. Dave went to the nursery with the baby. When he came back he reported that the baby was mad and that he liked his fingers. Dave helped me move to a new room and shortly we had the baby back with a clean bill of health. Dave went to my parent's house to get some sleep. I enjoyed some bonding time with the baby. I was in awe this whole time, not quite believing it was real. Amy came back at 5:00 as promised and was surprised to learn I had already delivered. She enjoyed some quality cuddling time before returning home to her family. I slept a couple hours and was happily awakened by my other children. They were so excited to meet their brother. It is amazing how one little baby can make so many people so happy.


This is the boy who one week ago thought he wanted a dog more than a baby. His excitement over our little guy has been the biggest surprise for me.

Everyone knew Brianne was excited to have a baby brother. No surprise here, she is as cute as can be with her little brother.

It is fun to have a baby and a big boy. Collin was walking around carrying the baby, helping Torin and Brianne hold him. It was scaring my mom to death. It was very cute when Collin figured out that the baby could hold on to his finger.
Dave started calling the baby Marten. It means "dedicated to Mars". He thought it was fitting given the baby's "alien" after birth look. I didn't like the name and thought Dave was just kidding but the longer he called him Marten the more nervous I got. The boys started calling him Drake and Brianne was voting for Luke (she is really in to Star Wars lately). It was hilarious that night as they were saying goodbye they each called him a different name.

4 comments:

Regi said...

Congratulations, He is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations Michelle! You can tell all of the kids are super excited! I'm really glad that everything went well. Let me know if you need anything!

Amy said...

Adorable pictures of your kids..Ryle is so beautiful..I can't wait to meet him..

Amy said...

Riley, sorry I knew I spelled it wrong!